Legal Writing Awards - Students
Presented to Winners from America's Law Schools.
- The article must have a publication date of the previous year even if it actually printed at a later date. The article may have appeared in any publication printed at your law school, including law reviews and journals, and may be a note, a comment, or an article.
- The subject of the article can be devoted to any legal topic.
- The length of the article is not limited.
- Only one article may be submitted on behalf of a law school.
- Only deans or their designees may nominate an applicant.
- At least one author or coauthor must have been enrolled in the calendar year when the article was published.
- Coauthors are permitted. Please provide the name, address, telephone number, fax and email of each contributing author.
- This completed nomination form together with a copy of the article should be submitted online at www.burtonawards.com and must be received by February 7, 2014. If mailed, the nomination form must still be filled out online and two hard copies must be sent.
- Please note: A 150 word narrative biographical summary written in the third person and a high resolution photo of each nominee must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of the application.
- Law School Nomination Form